Deacon Gary Downs
Usher's Department Leader
Security Department Leader
Greeters Department Leader
“For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.”
Psalms 84:10 (KJV)
THE USHER, GREETER, SECURITY MINISTRY ROLE
The role of U.G.S. is to serve God today by standing at the church doors, directing visitors, helping take up the offering, lending a hand to pastors, and stepping in when urgent needs arise. The first priority of a doorkeeper is, after all, the safety of those who are worshipping.
U.G.S. primary mission is to SERVE. Our goal is to exemplify Christ and the church ministry through the service. We serve the Lord by recognizing our spiritual gifts, and enthusiastically invest them into the ministry of the Church. We believe a true servant is loyal and obedient to the Master – even when it’s not convenient.
Safety Department Leader
“Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.”
Proverbs 11:14 (ESV)
The Safety Department is responsible for identifying and reporting to leadership any safety issues/concerns at New Life Baptist Church (NLBC). This is accomplished by the following:
- Ensure documentation and filing of any safety mishaps and follow up on corrective actions to prevent recurrences
- Brief staff on safety mishaps at NLBC and safety concerns in general in NLBC and Thurston County
- Review fire inspection/fire protection systems testing reports and advise leadership of deficiencies requiring corrective actions for compliance with applicable fire codes as mandated by the Thurston County Fire Marshall
- Perform internal safety/fire inspections and inform leadership of deficiencies to prevent mishaps and ensure compliance with applicable fire codes
- Ensure staff is briefed annually on fire safety awareness and coordinate annual fire evacuation.